Super Crispy Sweet Potato Fries – made in the oven.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (3-4 sweet potatoes, any variety or a combination)
- 2 tablespoons arrowroot starch
- 1 teaspoon chipotle powder (for spicy fries, optional)
- 1 teaspoon of your favorite seasoning
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons avocado oil or light olive oil or melted animal fat such as lard, tallow or duck fat
salt (if using a seasoning blend that includes salt, taste the fries before salting)
- Preheat the oven to 475ºF. Line 2 rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper and brush each with 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Peel the sweet potatoes and cut into 1/2-inch fries.
- Toss in a zip top bag and add the arrowroot starch and chipotle or preferred seasoning. Close the bag and shake until the fries are all coated.
- Pour in 1/4 cup of the oil and close and shake the bag again.
- Arrange the fries amongst the 2 baking sheets in a single later, giving them as much room around them as possible. Sprinkle with salt, unless your seasoning blend already has it.
- Pop in the preheated oven for 8-9 minutes, until browned on the bottoms. Remove the pans, flip the fries and return to the oven, switching the location of the pans. Bake another 8-9 minutes, or until softened and browned. Season to taste with additional salt, if needed.
Keywords: sweet potato fries