- 1 cup Trader Joe’s gluten-free rice crumbs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or half and half
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 cup fresh minced parsley
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound mild pork sausage, (removed from its casing)
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice crumbs, cream, eggs, parmesan cheese, nutmeg, parsley, and salt. Using your hands, mix in the ground beef and sausage until it’s just incorporated and uniform. Over squeezing / over mixing can result in chewy meatballs.
- Using wet hands, roll the mixture into 20-24 balls, placing them on a rimmed baking sheet as you make them. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cooked through.