Shake up wing night with these Chili Lime Wings!
for the wings:
- 1 rounded teaspoon salt
- 1 rounded teaspoon tapioca starch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 2 pounds chicken wings, separated into drumettes and wingettes (save the tips for broth!)
for the sauce:
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1 tablespoon lime juice (about 1/2 lime)
- 1/2 teaspoon fish sauce
- Preheat the oven to 450ºF. Place a rack in a rimmed baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, combine the salt, tapioca starch, ground ginger, coriander, and paprika.
- Add the wings and toss them, so they are all evenly coated with the salt and spice mixture.
- Arrange the wings on the rack, spacing them out as much as possible. Wash and dry the bowl, you’ll use it again.
- Roast for 20 minutes, and then flip and roast for another 20.
- Meanwhile, to make the sauce: In a large bowl combine the fresh ginger, coconut aminos, honey, lime zest, lime juice, and fish sauce.
- Once the chicken is cooked through, add the wings to the sauce and toss to coat. Use tongs to transfer the wings back to the rack, leaving any excess sauce in the bowl.
- Roast for another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a servings platter and pour on any additional sauce. Garnish with lime zest.
Keywords: chicken wings, chili lime wings