almost as fast as using that canwich stuff!
- 1 teaspoon oil, lard, or tallow
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small can or jar tomato paste ((6–7 ounces))
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce ((Lea & Perrins has a little sugar but is gluten-free))
- 2 cups water
- tabasco to taste, (optional)
- Buns for serving; (either your favorite gluten-free ones or burger buns from my Everything Dough Ebook)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the spices, salt, and tomato paste into the meat and then add the maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and water. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve on Paleo Burger Buns, or your favorite gluten-free variety!