How could I set out to create a bunch of Ground Beef Recipes That Aren’t Burgers or Meatballs without including these Super Quick Sloppy Joes? It’s a classic, and one that I’m guessing a lot of people have never made from scratch.
super-quick sloppy joes
Not that there’s anything wrong with a shortcut, but if 2 of the 4 main ingredients in something are corn syrup and high fructose corn syrup… I’d rather whip up the sauce myself.
Super quick is in the recipe title for a reason; this really hardly takes any time at all to cook. In fact, it doesn’t take much more time that it would if you were mixing in that canwich stuff.
If you’re looking for gluten-free burger bun options, there are quite a few!
- easiest: Canyon Bakehouse and Trader Joes burger buns are great, especially when you toast them in a buttered skillet.
- easy: My Everything Dough mix is available from Legit Bread Company
- from scratch: The burger buns in my Everything Dough ebook, which is available to buy for $4 or as a free download if you subscribe to my short and sweet and informative weekly emails.
Check out how easy it is to make them!Print
almost as fast as using that canwich stuff!
- 1 teaspoon oil, lard, or tallow
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small can or jar tomato paste ((6–7 ounces))
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce ((Lea & Perrins has a little sugar but is gluten-free))
- 2 cups water
- tabasco to taste, (optional)
- Buns for serving; (either your favorite gluten-free ones or burger buns from my Everything Dough Ebook)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the spices, salt, and tomato paste into the meat and then add the maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and water. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve on Paleo Burger Buns, or your favorite gluten-free variety!
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.