How could I set out to create a bunch of Ground Beef Recipes That Aren’t Burgers or Meatballs without including these Super Quick Sloppy Joes? It’s a classic, and one that I’m guessing is missed when people cut out processed foods.
Speaking of meat, If you wish it was easier to find a larger variety of protein sources that were raised humanely with no antibiotics or added hormones ever, Butcherbox is your new BFF! They ship high quality, humanely raised meat and fish directly to your door. If you haven’t ordered from Butcherbox before, you’ll get a free gift (read: free meat!) when you place your first order! Definitely sign up if you’re a fan of:
- Beef that is 100% grass-fed and finished, certified pasture-raised
- Heritage Breed Pork that is raised with traditional, sustainable farming methods
- Chicken that is free range and USDA certified organic
- Salmon that is wild-caught Alaskan sockeye salmon
Right now, you get a FREE TURKEY when you place your first order! That’s right, an entire freaking turkey, for free.
super-quick sloppy joes
Super quick is in the recipe title for a reason; this really hardly takes any time at all to cook. In fact, it doesn’t take much more time that it would if you were mixing in that canwich stuff.
If you’re looking for gluten-free bread options, there are quite a few! Legit Bread is grain-free and nut-free, Canyon Bakehouse is gluten-free, and you can even make your own using the recipe in my Everything Dough ebook. (Check out the purty bun in the picture below!)
Check out how easy it is to make them!
almost as fast as using that canwich stuff!
- 1 teaspoon oil, lard, or tallow
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 small can or jar tomato paste ((6–7 ounces))
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce ((Lea & Perrins has a little sugar but is gluten-free))
- 2 cups water
- tabasco to taste, (optional)
- Buns for serving; (either your favorite gluten-free ones or burger buns from my Everything Dough Ebook)
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the beef and cook, stirring occasionally, until browned, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir the spices, salt, and tomato paste into the meat and then add the maple syrup, Worcestershire sauce and water. Cook for 8-10 minutes, until thickened.
- Serve on Paleo Burger Buns, or your favorite gluten-free variety!
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.