I swear, SWEAR, that when I made myself this drink and thought of the name Burnt Bitter Orange I was not thinking about a certain orange individual. I just wanted a tequila drink with campari and I had some oranges and it seemed to all work.
Burnt Bitter Orange
And it was bitter, in a good way because of the campari. And orange. And I couldn’t help but add an orange peel for garnish. And since I’m feeling like burning shit to the ground after this week, I got it out of my system a little by burning that orange peel.
And there you have it. It’s all a coincidence, I swear. And the cocktail is delicious. And strong. Cheers, sisters.
In all seriousness: I hope you are doing alright after this week. I know it was a rough one for most, if not all of us. I’ve been saying this on Instagram but I’ll say it here too: Take a deep breath. Take more deep breaths. Go for a walk. Unclench your jaw. Do some neck stretches. Meet a friend for tea. Get a pedicure. Get a massage.
Do what you need for you and take good care of yourself.
- 1 1/2 ounces tequila (Resposado or Blanco)
- 3/4 ounce campari
- 3/4 ounce orange liquor
- 3/4 ounce lime juice (about 1 lime)
- 3/4 ounce orange juice (about 1/2 an orange)
- a few dashes of orange bitters
- orange peel (for garnish)
- In a cocktail shaker, combine all of the ingredients except for the orange peel. Shake it like you mean it, for 30 seconds or so. Pour into a rocks glass.
- To garnish, use a lighter or a match to burn the edge of the orange peel. Twist and add to the glass.
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.