I recently did The 21 Day Sugar Detox, which I highly recommend. During the entire 21 Day period, I slept like a rock, which in my normal life happens about 75% of the time. Every so often I wake up in the middle of the night and cannot fall back asleep. Eliminating all sugar from my diet reaffirmed my suspicion that my sleep issues have a lot to do with my sugar intake (which, by the way, is not high).
Since completing the detox, I’ve had a few sleepless nights. While I would always rather fall back asleep, sometimes I have some great ideas while I’m lying in bed listening to the synchronized snoring of my
dog and boyfriend boyfriend and dog.
This recipe is one of those insomnia-induced great ideas. I did not invent the KimChi deviled egg; a Google search confirmed that (damnit!). But until the idea popped into my head at 3am (and by the way I practically yelled it out loud), the thought of making KimChi spiked deviled eggs had never occurred to me.
makes 12 (easily doubled)
First, start by making perfect hard boiled eggs:
- Place the eggs in a medium sauce pan and cover with water.
- Turn the heat under the pan to high and bring the water to a boil.
- Once the water boils, set a timer for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, turn off the heat, cover, and set a timer for 5 more minutes.
- Drain the eggs, cool in several changes of cold water. Peel.
- Cut in half and remove the yolks.
- Once the eggs are cooled and peeled, add the kimchi and egg yolks to a food processor and pulse a few times until well incorporated.
- Add the mayo and puree a few seconds.
- Taste the filling, and add additional sea salt and/or hot sauce if needed.
- Using a pastry bag or 2 spoons, fill the cavities in the egg whites with the yolk filling and garnish with additional pieces of KimChi, if you’d like.
- Serve cold.
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.