Do you even find yourself in a burger rut? I certainly do, and I’m a serious burger lover. These Lemon-Mint Lamb Burgers should certainly fix that! They are an absolute breeze to whip up, and are a great way to fancy-up burger night.
For a fun variation, make these into mini meatballs and serve them as an appetizer at your next shindig. If going that route, roll the lamb mixture into balls about 2 teaspoons each and bake at 375 for about 12-15 minutes, or until cooked through. Serve with the Tzatziki on the side for dipping.
Lemon-Mint Lamb Burgers with Tzatziki
Prep time: 5 minutes
cook time: 6-12 minutes
yield: 4 burgers
Zest of one lemon
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1 tablespoons minced mint
1 tablespoon minced parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 pound ground lamb
1 teaspoon cooking fat (avocado oil, ghee, lard)
butter lettuce leaves and your favorite burger toppings for serving
Tzatziki for serving (recipe below)
- Combine the lemon zest, garlic, mint, parsley and salt in a large bowl. Add the lamb and using your hands, mix to combine.
- Form into 4 patties about 1-inch thick.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the pan with the cooking fat. Add the lamb burgers and cook for 3-5 minutes per side, until cooked to your liking.
- Serve on lettuce leaves with raita and your favorite burger toppings.
For the Tzatziki:
1 cup coconut cream, from a can of chilled coconut milk (or full-fat yogurt if dairy works for you)
½ cup grated cucumber
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon mint
¼ teaspoon salt
- Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Chill until ready to serve.
PIN THIS RECIPE:
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.