Once I realized how easy it was to make a complete gluten-free pasta dinner in one skillet, I started brainstorming recipe combinations. This One Skillet Pasta with Shrimp, Peas & Pancetta was at the top of the list! Are there any one skillet pasta recipes you’d like to see here? Let me know if the comments!
One Skillet Pasta with Shrimp, Peas & Pancetta is your new favorite weeknight dinner.
Not only is this recipe quick and easy, it’s budget-friendly too. In fact, if you have a Trader Joe’s near you, you should be able to get all of the ingredients there! I really like the Argentinian pink shrimp that they have in the frozen section there.
As I mentioned in my One Skillet Pasta Puttanesca: the type of pasta you use will have an impact on this recipe. You need to use a gluten-free pasta that is starchy enough to thicken the sauce, and one that cooks in the right amount of time. My recommendation is to use a pasta that is 100% rice (white or brown), and that cooks in around 7-10 minutes.
I tolerate dairy, so love adding some good Parmesan to this one skillet pasta with shrimp, peas & pancetta, but it’s not necessary if you don’t do well with dairy. The pasta will thicken the sauce and even makes it seem creamy, even without any dairy added!Print
one skillet + 10 minutes = a complete and delicious pasta dinner
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large shallots, (about 1 cup sliced)
- 4 ounces pancetta, (minced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 1/2 cups water
- 12 ounces gluten-free ziti or rotini* ((I used Trader Joe’s brown rice ziti))
- 1 pound large shrimp, (about 20–25 per pound, thawed if frozen)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese, (optional)
- In a large, high sided skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Stir in the shallots and pancetta and cook, stirring occasionally, until the shallots are golden brown and the pancetta is crispy, about 4-6 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a small bowl, leaving as much of the fat in the pan as possible.
- Add the water, pasta, and salt. Bring to a boil and cook, stirring often, until the pasta is about 75% cooked, and the water has mostly reduced into a sauce, about 5-6 minutes.
- Add the shrimp and the peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes, or until the shrimp is cooked and the pasta is al dente. Stir in the reserved shallots and pancetta.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the Parmesan cheese, if using.
*Make sure to choose a pasta made from rice or other starchy ingredients for this recipe to work. Look for white or brown rice pastas that have a 7-10 minute cooking time.
one skillet pasta with shrimp easy one skillet pasta glutenfree one skillet pasta
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.