Looking for a cocktail that’s as festive as it is easy easy to mix up? This Cranberry-Ginger Spritz is just that. Make a batch of the syrup and simply add a tablespoon to a glass of bubbly. It’s wonderful added to sparkling water for a virgin drink, too.
Once you make the syrup, you can use it in all sorts of drinks; I love it shaken with bourbon and the juice of a clementine and served over ice. I’m sure it would be great with vodka, lime juice and a splash of soda, too! Kind of like a cranberry spiked Moscow Mule.
Plus: The syrup makes a great gift! Just make up a big batch and pour it into cute bottles.
makes 6 cocktails
1 bottle dry sparkling wine, cava, or champagne
6-8 tablespoons cranberry-ginger syrup (recipe follows)
crystalized ginger and cranberries for garnish, optional
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the syrup into a champagne flute and top off with sparkling wine (tilt the glass and pour slowly so it doesn’t bubble over the glass*). Add additional syrup if desired, to taste,
- Garnish with crystalized ginger and cranberries, if desired.
1/4 pound fresh ginger, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries
1 cup honey
1 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil Turn the heat down so it’s at a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the cranberries have mostly fallen apart and the syrup is a gorgeous color red.
- Strain out the solids through a fine mesh strainer and chill the syrup until cold.
- Store in a jar in the fridge.
Looking for other holiday drink recipes? Check out my Spiced Cider Sangria, Pear Pomegranate Punch, and Hot Cocoa with Homemade Maple Marshmallows!
PIN THIS RECIPE!
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.
Dawn G says
How long will the syrup keep in the refrigerator? (For gift giving purposes – I doubt it will last very long at my house!)
I think it should last at least a month in the fridge!
Mary Turecke says
I just made it today. Lets just say…..its divine!! Truly awesome taste. I love the added kick the ginger gives it and the light sweetness the honey brings is brilliant. I thought of a million things i could use it for already. First though, was my s. Pellegrino. That was so much fun. Thanks❤️
I’m so glad you loved it! And yes- I love how versatile it is 🙂 Thanks for stopping by! <3
I made this for Christmas Eve and it was so fun and good. For the celebration I used champagne but the next day I used the leftover syrup with sparkling water. Maybe not as much fun as champagne but still good.
So glad to hear it!