Looking for a cocktail that’s as festive as it is easy easy to mix up? This Cranberry-Ginger Spritz is just that. Make a batch of the syrup and simply add a tablespoon to a glass of bubbly. It’s wonderful added to sparkling water for a virgin drink, too.
Once you make the syrup, you can use it in all sorts of drinks; I love it shaken with bourbon and the juice of a clementine and served over ice. I’m sure it would be great with vodka, lime juice and a splash of soda, too! Kind of like a cranberry spiked Moscow Mule.
Plus: The syrup makes a great gift! Just make up a big batch and pour it into cute bottles.
makes 6 cocktails
1 bottle dry sparkling wine, cava, or champagne
6-8 tablespoons cranberry-ginger syrup (recipe follows)
crystalized ginger and cranberries for garnish, optional
- Pour 1 tablespoon of the syrup into a champagne flute and top off with sparkling wine (tilt the glass and pour slowly so it doesn’t bubble over the glass*). Add additional syrup if desired, to taste,
- Garnish with crystalized ginger and cranberries, if desired.
1/4 pound fresh ginger, chopped (about 1 cup)
1 cup fresh (or frozen) cranberries
1 cup honey
1 cup water
- Place all ingredients in a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil Turn the heat down so it’s at a simmer.
- Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the cranberries have mostly fallen apart and the syrup is a gorgeous color red.
- Strain out the solids through a fine mesh strainer and chill the syrup until cold.
- Store in a jar in the fridge.
PIN THIS RECIPE!
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.