First of all, Happy International Women’s Day. It’s been quite a year+, eh? I know I’m exhausted and drained and often tempted to just close my eyes and my ears and alalalala and pretend it all isn’t happening. But I can’t do that. We can’t do that.
We have to continue to resist. To fight. And most importantly, to support each other, to raise each other up. Empowered women empower women.
When I was planning out the blog schedule for the next couple of months, I couldn’t help but notice that the date I had slotted for a cocktail post happened to be International Women’s Day. It felt right. We deserve a drink, damnit. So in honor of strong women everywhere, a strong cocktail.
Looking for more cocktail and mocktail recipes? Find them in the archives.Print
- 2 ounces blanco tequila
- 1 ounce St Germain elderflower liqueur
- 1 ounce lime juice
- a few dashes orange or grapefruit bitters
- lime wheel or twist (for garnish)
- Into a cocktail shaker, add the tequila, St Germain, lime juice and bitters, along with a handful of ice.
- Shake vigorously for at least 30 seconds.
- Strain into a chilled martini or coupe glass and garnish with a lime wheel or twist.
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.