Green Tahini wants to be your new favorite condiment. It’s simple to make, only requires a handful of ingredients (5, not counting salt and water), and is good on So. Many. Things. I whipped up a batch for my Lamb Koftas (recipe coming soon, cooking class is coming up) and found myself tasting it over and over because I couldn’t stop eating it.
What’s Green Tahini good on? Oh, just about everything.
Roasted veggies. Lamb Burgers. Chicken Shawarma. On a mezze platter with hummus and baba ghanoush and flatbread and olives. Just make up a batch, you won’t regret it!
This green tahini only requires 5 ingredients, plus water and salt:
- lemon juice
And all you have to do to make up a batch? Throw it all in a blender or food processor or use a jar with an immersion blender. Easy peasy.Print
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 5 minutes
- Yield: 1 1/2 cups
- Category: condiments and sauces
- Method: blend
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
your new favorite sauce
- 1 cup tahini
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed and peeled
- 2 handfuls parsley (leaves and tender stems)
- 1 handful cilantro (leaves and tender stems)
- big pinch salt
- 1/4 cup – 1/2 cup water
- Put all of the ingredients (start with 1/4 cup of the water) into a food processor, blender, or jar (if using an immersion blender)
- Blend until smooth, adding more water if necessary to achieve a smooth consistency. The ideal consistency is something like a thin mayonnaise.
- Store in a jar in the fridge and use within a week.
Keywords: green tahini
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.
Kathryn Flouton says
Ahhh-freakin-mazing. Used all parsley bc no cilantro and it was fab. I have the garlic breath to prove it. I was eating it by the spoonful. Go make this now.