It’s almost that time. The time, of course, being when you realize Christmas is like, tomorrow and you haven’t finished shopping. At least that’s what happens if you’re me. Here’s a solution to general denial of the fact that time is a thing: Hot Cocoa Mix
A jar of Homemade Hot Cocoa Mix is a perfect gift.
Not that I love bringing a somber note to a post about chocolate and marshmallows, but: Please purchase fair trade chocolate. If you don’t, there’s a good chance child slaves are involved, and that is nothing short of atrocious. It’s a little bit more expensive, but the price difference is negligible when you consider the big picture.
This Hot Cocoa blend is on the subtly-sweet side. If you prefer a sweeter hot chocolate, or are gifting it to people who are used to the mix they buy in stores, just bump up the coconut sugar a bit. For the best mocha ever, add a big spoonful to some heated up Cold Brew!
To make these sweet little hot cocoa mix gifts even sweeter, I’ve whipped up some labels for you to print! Just punch a hole in the corner and tie them to the jar. Click the image to bring up the printable PDFPrint
- 4 ounces dark chocolate, chopped
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup palm sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder or 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and pulse several times, or until the mixture is even textured. Transfer to small jars with tight fitting lids.
- To make a cup of hot cocoa: Heat 1 cup of your milk of choice in a small sauce pan. Once steaming, add two tablespoons of hot cocoa mix and whisk to combine. Heat one minute more, or until thickened slightly.
Keywords: hot cocoa mix
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.