I love ribs a lot, but they take some time to make so I don’t make them very often. But now that I know how to make ribs in the Instant Pot? They’re going into the regular rotation.
How To Make Ribs in an Instant Pot
This isn’t a recipe as much as it is a quick how-to. I have a full BBQ Baby Back Ribs recipe that includes the rib rub and BBQ sauce, which you can reference and use with this method.
Looking for other Instant Pot recipes? I’ve got a bunch!Print
Ribs take hours to make in an oven, but only about 30 minutes in an Instant Pot!
- 2 racks baby back ribs (about 3 pounds), (racks cut in half)
- your favorite rib rub*
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3/4 cup cold water
- your favorite BBQ sauce*
- Liberally season both sides of the ribs with your favorite rub. (You can do this 24 hours ahead if you’d like)
- Place the stainless steel trivet into the insert and pour in the apple cider vinegar and water.
Arrange the ribs standing up – not stacked on top of each other – and lock on the lid, making sure the rubber seal is in place.
Set the valve to sealing and set the Instant Pot for 20 minutes at high pressure.
- Once the time is up, preheat your broiler and line a rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil
Turn the valve to venting to release the pressure.
- Once the pressure is released and the lid unlocks, remove the ribs and transfer to the prepared baking sheet. Brush one side with BBQ sauce and place under the broiler for about 5 minutes, until slightly charred in spots.
Flip, brush, and repeat.
*You can use either your favorite store-bought rub and sauce or use mine
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.