It makes me sad to think about all of those decades when Brussels sprouts were boiled to mush and universally hated; they just have so much more potential than that! These Roasted Brussels with pancetta and cranberries are a great example of them living up to that potential.
roasted brussels with pancetta and cranberries are as simple as they are tasty.
Bonus: These are wonderful enough to convert some Brussels haters at your table!
how to make roasted brussels with pancetta and cranberries:
It doesn’t get much easier; Simply toss the ingredients together on a baking sheet and roast. That’s it. Definitely consider adding these to your Thanksgiving spread this year; it’s imperative to have some simple dishes on your menu considering how much cooking and baking is involved.
The size of your Brussels sprouts will affect the cooking time, so gauge their doneness as needed. If they are still crunchy after 20 minutes, just give them a little longer.Print
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, trimmed and halved
- 4 ounces pancetta, diced small (about 1/3 cup)
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tablespoons avocado oil, coconut oil, or light olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- a few grinds black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425.
- On a rimmed baking sheet, toss the Brussels sprouts with the pancetta, cranberries, avocado oil, salt and pepper, making sure everything is well coated.
- Roast for 12 minutes, then stir and roast for an additional 8-10 minutes, or until the Brussels are nicely browned and tender, and the pancetta is cooked.
- Serve hot. If making for Thanksgiving and you want to make them ahead, reheat them in a 350 oven for 10-15 minutes, or until hot.
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.