It is currently eleventymillion degrees in San Francisco, so the intro to this Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing is going to be brief.
Here’s the gist: It’s dead simple to make, takes less than 5 minutes, and is good on just about everything. I used full fat Greek yogurt to make it creamy, but you could easily use sour cream, or dairy-free yogurt, or mayonnaise, or even a quarter of an avocado.
I originally made it to drizzle on Taco Salads, and it was perfect. I’m planning on putting it on every salad I make this week, maybe even my Stone Fruit Caprese for a fun little twist! It’s a great addition to taco night too; like a lighter, tangier, more flavorful crema.
As is the case with just about every dressing recipe of mine, I like to make it in a jar with an immersion blender. Of course you can use a regular blender if you prefer.
Homemade dressings are my jam- In addition to this Creamy Cilantro Lime Dressing, I have a bunch of recipes if you want to up your salad game this summer!
- lemon tahini dressing
- basil-lime vinaigrette & marinade
- maple-dijon vinaigrette
- dairy-free ranch
- citrus-sesame dressing
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro leaves, (about the top of one bunch*)
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic, (minced or grated**)
- 1/2 cup avocado oil or light olive oil
- 1/4 cup full fat yogurt (or sour cream, mayonnaise, dairy-free yogurt, or avocado)
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Place all of the ingredients in a wide mouthed 2 quart ball jar or similar sized vessel.
- Blend on high with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Use within 4-5 days
* Don’t worry about picking off the leaves, just cut or rip off the top of the bunch; there’s a ton of flavor in the stems and they’ll get pureed along with everything else.
**I like using a microplane to mince / grate garlic. It’s one of my favorite kitchen hacks!
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.