When I was writing Paleo Soups & Stews, I got pretty sick of soup- even though I love soup enough to write a cookbook about it! The Cold Soups section was particularly challenging; I’m not a huge fan of cold soup, and neither is Simon. The exception is when it’s HOT out. (which is almost never is here in San Francisco) The other exception is this Green Gazpacho, which I’ve made countless times for events- It’s always a huge hit!
The instructions for this Green Gazpacho couldn’t be simpler – roughly chop the ingredients, and place them all in the blender. If you wish, you can set aside some grapes and mint leaves to garnish the soup with.
If you’re serving this one at a party, pour it into shot glasses for people to sip. It’s a great addition to your small bites menu!
If you’re following the AIP protocol or are serving some AIP guests, just omit the almonds, or leave on the side for people to add themselves, if they wish.
Looking for more simple summer recipes? I’m all about them:
For more about Paleo Soups & Stews – my ode to soup, including the breads that go with them, go here.
- 2 English cucumbers ((about 1.5 pounds), halved lengthwise and roughly chopped)
- 1.5 pounds green grapes, (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 1 avocado, (peeled, pitted, and quartered)
- 1 small shallot, (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, (plus more for garnish)
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- handful of mint leaves, (plus more for garnish if desired)
- 1/4 cup salted roasted almonds, (finely chopped)
- Place all of the ingredients, except the almonds, in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until very cold.
- Serve the chilled soup topped with sliced grapes, almonds, mint leaves, and a drizzle of olive oil.
All of the links on zenbelly.com are for information purposes, however some are affiliate links to books, products or services. Any sponsored posts are clearly labelled as being sponsored content. Some ads on this site are served by ad networks and the advertised products are not necessarily recommended by Zenbelly.